Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hero of the day...

I had a lot of stuff to sell so I went to Dodixie. I have chosen one of my Taranises for this purpose. Taranis, because it is fast. As I am under -4.0 I will be harassed by gate guns and police officers in the last 4 systems, so I need align speed and agility. Jurney went well, the usual "Criminals are not welcomed here"-stuff was OK for me. Docked, sold the stuff then bought a Vengeance. And fit. And ammo. Lot of ammo. You will see… Undocking. Airlock gate opens, ship enters space. Look to the overview to locate the gate I plan to warp to. Ships around. As usual. The Vengeance starts to turn. Slowly, as Vengeances used to. Ships around. Red ships. Flashy red ships! Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. Station camp in highsec? It cant be… No matter what happened, the alarm sound in the ship informed me that my ship is under fire. Nononono…! Rep overheated and heading right to the station, spamming the Dock button. Late. Let's save the pod. Dock-spamming. That was a mistake.

Medical facility in Agoze, cloning area

Something went wrong, terribly wrong. Lost the ship, that is 20m ISK around. Lost my body including implants. Another 30m. This is at least 50m loss and I don’t know the reason. Additionally this is my first pod loss, as far as I remember.
As a polite person I opened convo with the guy who laid the final blow.
Rita Morel: - I did not expect the spanish inqusition. Gf anyway.
Magistrate Aribeth: - I did not expect you to be red. :P
Red... Me? Red? They were red, not me. ... ... Then the moment of enlightenment.

One day earlier

I tried combat scanning. I was bored and I wasn't in a go-to-a-long-roam mood. Manned my Imicus, warping to a safe, dropping the probes, activating the cloak, put some music into the jukebox. Then waiting, repositioning probes, waiting, repositioning the probes, wait... and chatting with corpmates. After a few minutes - or a few ten-minutes, who remembers - I found something. An Ishtar. In the middle of nothing. Calling back probes, calling backup and changing pants ship. An Ishtar, whoho! A fleet formed quickly.
I warped to the bookmarked position. Three acceleration gates. And Ogre II-s in dirscan. Sweet. I have chosen the middle gate. NPCs only. With heavy neuts. God, I need another set of pants… Warped away and midwarp reported the result. The result about my scouting and empty cap, not the non-empty pants. Top gate has been reported as an area full of wrecks. The bottom gate is the one with the Ishtar.
When I warped back the Isthar was tackled and hammered heavily. He dropped out Ogres II-s, then called them back to bay then Hobgoblin II-s, then calling back them. Very strange strategy, he should be scared and surprised. His shield went down slowly then the armor and the ship destroyed in few seconds. Pod escaped.

If you look at the fit there will be answers and questions. At first sight it is a strange fit. But if you remember what was in the other side of the middle gate… Doing that neuting-fest room is only possible with this shield tanked monster. This is the reason we had to spend our time breaking the shield but the armor went down fast.
The lack of weapons… That is a question. Maybe he was not able to fit weapons. He does not really need them tho, the drones could kill the NPCs for sure. Pirates, that is an another story.

After the battle there were "several good catch, Rita"-s in fleet chat and yes, that was a good and lucky catch. I was the hero of the day.

Medical facility in Agoze, cloning area

Yep, I was the hero of the day for sure. But that day was yesterday. Today I am the moron of the day. The kill dropped me under -5.0. My status was Fire at sight! in empire systems. As I left the station they immediately attacked me, so they went to red. Red for me, but not for the CONCORD since I was a criminal under -5.0. The Magistrate was laughing after I told him the story. Me too, but my laugh was a bit bitter.

I am an Outlaw. At the moment I write these lines my sec status is around -4.9 so I would be able to enter empire again. But I won't. That days are over. I am a pirate and empire is not my second home anymore.

And the last thought: when lose, do not dock. Align with the ship to something far away then warpwarpwarp. Warping is instant in the pod, docking is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment