Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dancing around...

It was fucking boring. Dancing around the system, waiting the other fleet to engage. Waiting them to attack our bait which was obviously a bait. They won't, for sure.
I got bored, left the system and started to kill rats. After a half an hour I have checked the fleet chat. The same waiting game. I decided going back to the fleet and die.

Warped to a belt and flying away from it. My Rifter is not a bait. Or at least not as obvious bait as a Ferox sitting in a belt. It will pop in seconds, so there is no danger jumping on me. The opposing fleet had a Stabber FI, a Cane and a Hookbill. I had to stand for 10-15 seconds while my fleet enters warp. With a bit of luck my mates would be able to catch a ship. This was my plan.

And the plan started to work. They jumped to the belt where I was. 150 kms. Me burning away. They chasing me. 140 kms. 130 kms. The Hookbill warps away. 120 kms. The Stabber is damn fast! Hookbill arrived, right on the top of me. I have to ask the guy how he did it...
Stay allive, stay allive! I don't know how, but I tanked the rockets. The big boys arrived, I had to turn to make my traversal as big as possible.
Warp to me, warp to me!
Alarm rings rang. Align to sun, warp warp warp! Ship's gone, pod in warp bubble. Arriving Sun, Hookbill on close range scan. I am not surprised, midwarp I have chosen the station I will dock right after arriving sun. Warping again, waving a goodbye to the Hookbill. My part is done, let's see, how the corpmates do their part.

As they arrived to the Rifter's wreck, they have found there the remaining part of the enemy fleet. No more dancing around for the Cane. To be honest I don't know, how the Stabber survived. If I have to guess, all of the guys scrambled the Cane.

The final part was fun. But the long "hunt" before… I hate this part. EvE is full of traps and overkill, I really know that this "I am afraid to attack, what happens if it is a bait?" attitude is acceptable and needed. But it kills fun.

Last thoughts:
  • There were "This is Rita's kill" in fleet chat again.
  • A Rifter for a Cane is a good deal.
  • We did not use Ventrilo. The last phase would be easier for me if I could just yell int my mic the Warp to me! sentence.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to provide warp in for your fleet and dont wanna die =), you can do it.
    I'm not a great artist, but it's easier to explain with this image:

    http://www.5mbytes.com/img/100km.jpg

    First, you order to fleet to warp to the sun. Then you move to the "green cross" and yell "warp to me at 100km". You can choose 100, 70, 50km, depends on situation.

    vlew.

    ReplyDelete