Thursday, November 17, 2011

Farewell roam...

I have finished EvE. Not forever but for a long time. Three months at least. But who knows.

Yesterday was the last day of my subscription so I decided to go for a last solo roam in a Daredevil. Yep, roam like a Boss. 90 million ISK will pop for sure.

It was my best roam ever. First of all: Daredevil is a true devil. I have found a BS NPC and it popped surprisingly fast so I was sure: there were no problem with firepower if I will be able to go and stay close and tank damage.

I started to move to Agoze, it is around 30 jumps. Checking the sysytems as usual, too populated ones ignored, concentrating only on the ones where only a few capsuleer was on local. Checking FW sites, belts.

My first target was a Vigil doing a FW site. I don't know why but he did not run away the very moment I arrived just burned away from NPCs. With AB I was able to follow him but the 100 kms were too much to do anything. Then he engaged. Don't ask me why. As he reached scram range, scram and web activated and then there was one and only one question: would I be able to catch his pod? Got him two times.

Then I was on GCC. And under -5.0 sec status again. There were another players in the system and I have found a Rifter sitting 370 kms from a planet. It was strange, because after I arrived to the planet I was able to see him but after 10-15 seconds he disappeared but I was able to see him on 400 km directional scan. I don't know anything about grid and being off-grid but I feel that something related to this was behind this. Never mind, I knew what direction he is so I started to fly that direction hoping he will appear and hoping he is AFK. He appeared and did not move. Did not move until I reached 30 km range. Or around that, I cannot remember. This was the most cruel thing someone did me in EvE. 5 minutes of flying for nothing.
I found him again, near to sun. Warp to sun. He is 150 kms away. Tried the trick vlew suggested, I warped to a planet behind the guy then warp back to 100. He was 150 kms away again. Damn! Last chance, if he disengage again I will change system. Flying there. 50 kms, 40 kms… A Jaguar arrived to sun. Nice… Then a Rifter arrived between me and the another Rifter. Very nice… My ship will explode here. Burning towards the Rifters. They did the same. One is in scram range, scram web. He had better tank than the Vigil. What a surprise. Shield is done. I mean my shield. The Jaguar… It does not move or just slowly. Just a voyeur…? It doesn't matter, I have to concentrate the guys near. My armor is on half, one Rifter down. Switching to the other. My armor down. His… I don’t know if the web, scram and the guns work well, I have to concentrate on my nosferatu and repairer. Overheat. Hull on 20%. One circle, I have a tiny layer of armor again. One more circle. More armor. There is hope. Then I popped. It was close but something missed. I forgot to overheat my guns in the beginning. That was a big mistake and I can blame myself and blame the NPC BS. It went down so fast that it gave me the confidence that the performance of the blasters on ship is insane. It is, but it is more insane if I overheat them.

GF-s went and I have to say: this was a very, very fun farewell roam.

And now I know why I fed up with EvE: because I was involved in moving stuff from here to there and then there to another there. And meanwhile I was not do the only thing really fun in EvE: fly and attack without hesitation. You can loose your ship but nobody is able to steal the adrenaline from your veins. This is the reason I do not leave EvE forever. I'll be back in a few months.

2 comments:

  1. After first move of MEA I have a rule: never assemble ships before first use and keep them in 1 jump from high sec =). Thanks to this, now moving only takes 1-2 evenings and almost no isk losses.

    It was cool to fly with you. Come back soon!

    vlew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was my first move with MEA. Now I have the same rule and an additional one: do not buy a ship if you don't want to use it in the next week. This is one of the reasons I gave the ships to you guys. I cleaned my assets.

    ReplyDelete